03 January, 2010

That time, again.

It's time again to be introspective, to analyze what just happened and send out good hopes for what's to come.

Re-reading last years resolutions wasn't very illuminating. I wanted to have a place to call my own; we managed to accomplish that. I wanted to knit something of consequence and I believe that I have. I wanted to get a business plan written, but it seems that we're skipping that step (for the moment) and just jumping in. All in all, a good year.

For this year, there's only one things I'm determined to accomplish - I'd like to relearn how to connect with people.

I've never been good with people; I've never been quick to make friends. I've spent the last two and a half years learning how to survive. First how to accept a world that was merely a poor imitation of what I'd always known; second, how to carve out my own place in the world. I've been so focused on developing myself and my place, I haven't had anything left over for anyone else. I'm ready for that to change.

I'm going to try to reconnect with the friends I used to have. I'm going to try to find a knitting group I actually enjoy. We're going to hike this winter, and maybe meet some people who want to keep going come spring. Barring that, we'll find another group to hike with then. I want to be able to plan a dinner party, and have people to invite that will actually want to show up.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great resolution for 2010. Connecting with people, totally satisfying. When I moved to Columbus from Ontario, I had to start all over in gathering real friends to my side and heart. It is possible and probable. You are a caring person and it won't take long before others realize it.

Of course, being a yarnaholic and an outdoors girl surely does help.

There are a few knitting groups in Clintonville, and maybe you'll make some lasting connections there.