18 January, 2010

I've started thinking a little more about the chicken coop we're going to be building soon. backyardchickens.com has some great inspiration, and forums with people that will answer all your questions. I need to get my hands back on some chicken library books again, and start drawing up something a little more concrete than pointing at the screen and saying, "Take this part of this coop, and this part of that coop and mix them together!" And I'm working on chicken names - like Noodle and Nugget and Kung Pao and Potpie and Sesame. Just because it makes me smile.

And I've got the first FO of the year done! Well, okay, it's just the first half of a FO. And the ends aren't woven in yet. But it's a fingerless mitt, and I designed it myself! Hopefully I jotted down the pattern well enough, and the second one will match the first. I did a lot of the work on the mitt at Sticks and Stitches - which was a good time. Would have been a little better if the game was interesting, but you can't have everything.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

So how's the Poop Coop doing?

Crazy Gecko said...

Have you discovered 'Down the lane?'its a uk based site but there are now loads of international chicken keepers on there. I found the pictures of everyones coops really intereting and inspiring. I've built mine a fab coop on a budget by stealing ideas from lots of these interesting inventive henhouses!!!

http://www.downthelane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5920

Good luck x