16 October, 2009

We finally finished most of the painting in the living room - I say mostly because there are still some corner touch ups to do.. Plaster walls don't have definite corners, and the previous painters and I don't seem to agree on where the corner really is... :) And we've figured out how to have the furniture, so that's really nice. Except we just moved it all around for the baby shower last weekend, and it still isn't all back where it belongs. That's okay - that's what this weekend is for.

I got a lovely package from my Flat Rate Box swap partner - two! books, two skeins of Silky Wool (which I love, absolutely) in a beautiful dark green color, which is going to make a lovely cowl, a package of Bob's GF corn bread mix (which I plan to use making sweet potato corn bread - I love fall!) and some lovely decorations - fall bowls (which are going to be perfect around the house, in the craft room, candy dish, etc) and a rooster canister which really made me smile, and bid ole' bag of candy corn that I immediately devoured. There was a rooster note pad, and rooster recipe cards - which makes me laugh, because they're kitchen items and R won't let me buy roosters for the kitchen, even though I usually want to. :) It was a delightful box!

Next weekend we leave for a week in Baltimore. I'm excited - we're going to the aquarium! And maybe the B&O railroad museum. And probably back to Spinster Yarn and Fibers, for a jaunt at the batt station again!

I haven't spun since the weekend with the alpacas - I haven't gotten the chair set up again yet. But I will this weekend - I'd like to get the purple BFL all finished up soon. :)

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Maryland and all the great sights (and don't forget the major yarn gropes).