22 September, 2009

What a week last week, what a weekend, and what an inauspicious start to this week.. Goodness.

Summer was busy. (And, according to the overcast sky, it's over now.) I was hoping that when fall came, things would slow down a bit. Turns out, that's not true. Between family emergencies, new babies, etc.. Things are looking to be just as hectic as the last three months. (Well, without the stress of moving and mortgages.)

Work is nuts. The "construction economy" is a bit behind the regular economy, so we're just hitting the full effect of this recession. So we're working overtime on crappy jobs we wouldn't have given a second thought to a year ago. Lots of little projects, lots and lots of little projects...

I've been spinning a lot lately - I haven't had the focus required to knit. So after I found the wheel, it's lived in the living room in front of my spinning chair. I finished my first yarn - it's lime green, neon orange, grays, purples, and whites. It's really bright. And it's between 650 - 700 yards of mostly lace weight. The balance is better than I was expecting, and I still haven't washed & wacked yet. It will make a lovely something. :)

I started my second set of top - an 8 oz bag of BFL I picked up at the Merc. When I wasn't spinning, I sent out all my fluff on swaps and didn't get much to replace it, so I had to get me something colorful. I'm working on making this a little heavier - it might end up about a light worsted weight when it's finished. And, of course, it will be beautiful too.

I'm giving a spinning demonstration this weekend at Gentle Meadows Alpaca farm for Alpaca Farm Days! Hopefully lots of people will show up, and no one will be able to tell that I barely know what I'm doing!!

No comments: