14 September, 2009

We're all moved in now! Well, mostly, you know. We finished getting most of my stuff from my Dad's house yesterday. Now all we've got to do is finish painting, and unpacking.

Both of which I've successfully avoided by focusing on my spinning! Saturday I finally finished the singles I was working on - it's all way skinny stuff, and bright bright colors. And now I'm plying - which I've never done on the wheel, because this is the first project I've finished! It's all so soft and squishy looking - and all the really bright colors (the lime and florescent orange) are lining up with the white and gray, so it's quite pretty. It'll be a heavier lace weight when it's all said and done...

I ordered more bobbins last week, and it's a good thing - I'll need them next weekend! I bought some alpaca fleece from Gentle Meadows Alpaca Farm last spring. One of the owners called last night and invited me to give spinning demonstrations at their farm during National Alpaca Farm Days! Which does really make me laugh - I've been spinning for less than a year, I'm just now finishing my second project ever, and I haven't taught anything since I was a kid! We'll see how it goes. It'll be fine - hopefully I'll be able to answer most of the questions!

No comments: