02 July, 2009

Today (or maybe yesterday?) is 6 months into the new year. So, let's visit this again.
"1. Finish a kitting project that requires commitment. Afghan, lace shawl, sweater, knee socks, and such would all count.
2. Buy a house. Well, okay. I'd like to own a house by June, 2010. So, be well on my way to owning a house.
3. Write a business plan. Perhaps start a business. Renee and I would really like to have somewhere to employ ourselves. Or, at least, her.
4. And, of course, go to the gym. "

4. Well, there has been no gym going as of yet, so that's a fail.

3. There has been no business plan writing, so that's a fail. But, there is business starting in the works. So that's a pass. I think we're even here, and since we're only half way through the year, I'll say we're ahead!

2. Buy a house - we're now 1/3 the way through this goals time line, and we'll be in contract on a property this evening. So, this is certainly ahead of schedule. Maybe even enough ahead to count twice!

1. Knit something of consequence - I've finished two lace shawls, and I'm 1/11th the way through a sweater for the 3 rd time. Perhaps the sweater will count towards "of consequence". The shawls were both with fingering weight, so I don't think they count. I'll say this one is on schedule.


And, I'd just like to say this again - we're buying a house. We've counter-offered our hearts out, and accepted. So now start the inspections and such! It's so exciting!

1 comment:

Betty said...

I'm excited for you guys!