30 June, 2009

What a momentous time. We're buying a house. Yeah, we've known that for a while now, but. It just got really really real last night. It didn't feel real in April, when we first went to the bank. It didn't feel real when we were spending hours pouring over houses on the internets, using a few impersonal photos to try and decide if we could call that place home. And while it was plenty real when we spent evenings tramping around in stranger's houses, at times it felt like more hassle than it was worth.

But last night, when we wrote our first offer, it was as "real" as it gets. It was horribly exciting, and entirely terrifying. I couldn't decide if I wanted to vomit, or do a dance. Or maybe just curl up on the couch with a bottle of whiskey. Either way, we did it. Now starts the counter-offers and negotiations - hopefully. :)

And, on top of that, I'm working on the most beautiful pair of socks I've ever seen. I used a brand new cast on, they're my first cuff down socks (so they're a new architecture), and a brand new stitch pattern. And they're delightfully, and going rather quickly. And I'll likely have some time this weekend to focus on them, too!!


(ahh! Buying a house~!!)

No comments: