16 March, 2009

Umm. We went camping - and had a blast. The forest was utterly beautiful. We went on a nice hike - started at Old Man's Cave (where the waterfalls were half frozen still), walked through Cedar Falls, and ended at Ash Cave. There was one pretty nasty hill, but we persevered. Since then, we've gone hiking every weekend. (So, in total, this makes four weekends of hiking.) This weekend we went to Battelle Darby park and walked a nice 4-or-so miles. It was so pretty outside - I flapped my arms a lot while we were there. We were all taking off sweat shirts by the time we were halfway through - entirely delightful.

Other than all the hiking - I've been spinning! It's slow going - but I reckon that happens when you're spinning lace weight. I spun yesterday for probably 2.5 hours - and only made it through about half an ounce of fiber! I've probably got another 3 or 4 hours left on this first bobbin, then I get to start my second and that's way exciting. It's looking reeeeealllly nice too. There is certianly some thick-and-thin going on, but it's not extreme. And it's staying pretty thin, too. I think I like 3-ply yarns the best, conceptually. And that should work out with the thin I spin - a three ply should end up around a heavy sock weight. Uhh, I think. I haven't actually plied anything yet. :)

And I'm about half way through the wedding shawl. I have three balls of the yarn, and initially the shawl was going to be 3 balls big - but that might be too big. I'm about halfway through the second ball, and it's getting pretty hefty. Thing is, I'm not sure how much it'll stretch when blocking - I think the knitted-mess size for this one is much closer in finished size than the knitted-mess size of the Luna Moth. I'm going to put it on a longer cable and do a test blocking. That's what I'm gonna have to do. I actually might need to buy another set of mats to make sure I've got something big enough to do it on!

What else? Work is okay. We're finally catching a bit of a break. Renee is working on planning a Stitch and Pitch - baseball starts soon! I like baseball, so that's way exciting. R made me a stuffed dinosaur! And I love it! This weekend, we went to The Golden Hobby shop - and it was awesome. We got some new little dino statues. They look very Land Before Time like. I love them. We'll probably try to do most of our christmas shopping there. All kinds of stuff, Buckeye paraphenalia like you wouldn't believe. And I started making stitch markers! And little bags! I actually got out my sewing machine - craaazy.

So. That's it.

No comments: