06 February, 2009

FFI, Plus

5. If my life had a pause button, I'd pause it _every Sunday morning_.

I only felt like the one. That's okay.

My spinning wheel still is not ready. It was delivered, and I immediately put it together and had some fun with it. I took some yarn we both hated (Lion Brand Wool-Ease, if you must know) and overspun it, then plied the two colors together. Now it's delightful. So the yarn probably isn't that bad to work with, but it was so loose and stretchy and awful to work with. Now it's got a nice firm hand, and it'll be okay to use. I was delighted. After that was finished, I spun a little bit with some merino I had lying around. I loved it. It was delightful. My yarn was a bit over spun, but that's okay.

And then I took it apart to stain/paint it. And that's still not finished. It's just the wheel that's not finished. I was painting it with acrylics, but that was just awful. So I tried to spray paint it instead, and that was retarded on top of the acrylic. So it's got to be sanded down and then repainted. Which should be finished this weekend, and then it's back to learning to spin! Exciting.

I finished my socks I was working on. Which is a darntooting good thing, because there was a sock yarn sale last weekend, and now we're up to our eyeballs in sock yarn. Excellent.

I'm slightly fiascoed with the Luna Moth right now. I frogged back to my last lifeline, and had some issues. I'm using sewing thread for the lifelines, because it's smooth, it's bright red, and it was there. Well, not such a great idea. My stitches ended up dropping into the row below, and I've got a tangle of hunter green wool and Christmas red nylon on my hands now. Most of the row is back on needles now, but it's proving nearly impossible to knit through - the thread is so tangled up in the stitches, they're stuck. Goodness. Well, it'll be okay. I'll get it figured out this weekend. Perhaps.

No comments: