19 January, 2009

Today is a whole new day. I wouldn't quite say a whole new world, but the hope and excitement traveling over the air waves makes it feel as such.

Watched the inauguration on the fellyvision yesterday. Rae says she watched all day long. I only got to see about an hours worth, but it was enough. Yes, I cried, but just a tear or two.

I haven't knitted in ages, it seems. I decided that the Gail was too much lace much too soon. So I dropped back to the LunaMoth. I like it. I'm working it up in Knitpicks Palette, a hunter green. I was hoping to finish a shawl in time for Rae's cousin's wedding, but hunter green isn't such a great spring wedding color. Maybe I'll zip through the rest of this one, and start another simple-like shawl with the alpaca. But that would require some knitterly ninja focus.

Which I definitely don't have right now. Largely because I've been reading the last few days. Over the weekend, I read The Friday Night Knitting Club; it was okay. I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I'll never have the desire to read it again. To be honest, I wouldn't have read it the first time if it wasn't about knitters. ... Not that it was a bad book, because it wasn't. I've definitely been exposed to worse books. (Notice I didn't say I read them; I didn't. I promptly put them down.) It was a light, fluffy read with very little focus required. It was good for the moment. I also got a knitting mystery book. I'm intrigued to see how that one turns out. And I'm reading the Golden Compass, which has been on the to-read list since high school. And we're working our way through the Lemony Snicket series. We bought them because I thought Renee would enjoy them, but turns out I like children's lit too! They're also light and fluffy. I will say, though, that the style has gotten droll and too repetitive. I think I've finished book 9 or 10, and I'm about done for a while. And we picked up several small business starting/owning/managing/accounting/etc books that I'll need to work my way through, taking notes and such.

Maybe I won't get to that second shawl... :)

No comments: