04 January, 2009

I totally finished my first complete skein of handspun! It's 4 oz (uhh, give or take a bit), 159 yds, and entirely delightful! I think it looks like fall in the Jellico Mountains. It took entirely forever to finish. The first 1/3 was spun quite some time ago, and it ended up a light dk weight; the last bulk of it was spun over last weekend, and it's a heavy worsted/light bulky. I'm working on finding a project for it; probably a textured cowl, or short scarf.
And now I'm way excited to get into my second skein! I've got about 2 oz, I think, of a very bright roving that I'll likely ply with a bright white. Definitely.

That lace shawl? I sat down with it last night. Only got through about 6 pattern rows, but I had to tink back at least halfway through each row. Plus, I spent 45 minutes trying to figure out why the row I was on didn't match stitch count, etc. I feel like I've spent forever on it, but really I haven't. I'm just a slow lace knitter right now. I'll be starting the second repeat tonight. We'll see how that works out. I think I've got it figured out, though.

The lace, though, has definitely increased my urge to spin. It's way easy to ignore the lace when I've got some some delightful roving to play with!

No comments: