06 January, 2009

Ha!

Yes, ignoring the lace!


Until tonight, damn it. I'm going to sit down and work on it. Yesterday, I spun some of my next roving (uhh, which I'll tell you all about); tomorrow is knit night and there is no way I'm going to take it with me then. I'll take socks to work on. Or the wrap, or maybe even the bag I hate. So, tonight the f*ing lace.


The spinning, oh my goodness! I'm using my latest spindle (I say that like I've got a collection - really just 4, and only two of them are usable (by me) and one of those is annoying) anyway, I'm using this

spindle (which is entirely delightful and utterly awesome) and a lovely .9 oz weight. I've got 2oz of roving I picked up in Tennesse - it's blue, red, blue, orange, yellow, red, etc. I'm spinning it at about ... say, a light lace weight, maybe. I'll have to get out the WPI tool. It's so skinny, and it's so pretty, and it's really been pretty consistent. I spun for a few hours last night, watching tvontheinternet, and The History of India on PBS. Then Rae got home (from her first day!) and she made me stop. And by that, I mean it's good that someone fed me.

It's really pretty. I ripped the roving into two pieces, lengthwise, to work with. I'm going to aim for spinning the two sections of the dyed roving, and then one more piece of either some white that I have, or maybe purchase some natural color fiber, and then do a three ply. Ohh, and I think I'm going to buy some bamboo! Yikes!

No comments: