05 December, 2008

The holiday season has officially started. Thanksgiving (my personal favorite) is over. (Umm, and it was entirely delicious. And completely gluten-free. And homemade, down to the stuffing bread and pie crust. I'm very proud of it.) Our Christmas shopping / producing is nearly complete. We've still got to felt all the bowls, and Renee just started a blanket for her great-grandmother last night. I got a late start on gifts for my relatives. ... Okay, so I wasn't going to do anything for them. But then I grew up a little, and decided on presents for anyone under the age of 10. Which means I'm gifting for little girls. I decided I'd knit them coordinating hats. Luckily, one of the girls is technically a Johovah's witness, so her present doesn't actually need to be finished until after the holiday (but it would be nice to finish early). I think I'm going to make them all Republic Hats - one hot pink, one bright teal, and one a nice purple color. Easy, doesn't require much thought, etc.

I actually started a Lifted Twill hat for one of the girls, but. It just requires a little more focus than I've got right now. (Especially if I'm going to finish in time!) Since I'm doing a simple hat, though, I might knit some little wrist warmers to go with them. We'll see.

I finished my Renee's-family-christmas-swap gift. I drew one of the boyfriends, ha. I knit him a scarlet and grey hat based on the Turn a Square pattern. I love it- it's warm, and soft, and I might need one that's not Buckey themed!

No comments: