01 October, 2008

We're going to knit night tonight. We didn't go last week because of the ill. She's feeling better, but I'm still calling her pus pit. And disease girl. And bacteria babe. (She acts like it upsets her, but I can tell she doesn't mind. She's laughing, inside.) But we're going tonight. I'm going to rush home and cast on for the two left wrist warmers, because one of the ladies said she'd learn me magic loop. And I decided I'd rather start with the wrist warmers instead of socks. Heel turns frighten me. At least, heel turns combined with new methods intimidates me a little bit. Regardless.

Umm. The economy (and our government) scare me. Sarah Palin scares me. Pirates in Somolia ransoming a ship full of tanks scares me. I think it's time to move. I just did some math, and I, personally as an individual, own approximately $32,848 of the national debt. (I won't even deduct the percentage of money that was spent on the Iraq 'war' (conflict? police action? religious conversion mission?), which I don't agree with and didn't vote for. (If I had the means) I'd write the US Treasury a check for my financial responsability and immigrate.

But I don't have the means, and most of the people I know don't have the means. And I'm really not in the mood to immigrate today. Instead I'm going to start working on putting together my business plan. And gathering information on grants. And reading books on water conservation and filtration. And then, even though it'll scare me, I'm going to quit my job. That's the only way I'll ever get anything done.

In other news,. If I stretch real hard, the Twisty Turns wrap goes around me once - kind of. So that's promising. I've got a ball of sock yarn I'm itching to start working with - but I don't think I want to make socks with it. I think I might want to do a scarf verion of a Clapotis. I think that'd be durn purty. The yarn is purples, greens, and browns. At least, that's what I'm seeing in my head.

My focus at work might be altered for a bit. We think it's likely we'll be awarded a 10 million dollar project that's got a retarded fast schedule. So, if that comes to pass, I'll jump over to project management and help get that going - maybe some scheduling, helping draw up a budget, getting submittals in, etc. I think it's a great opportunity to use some of the other skills I paid a lot of money to learn. :)

No comments: