28 September, 2008

mmm.

So. Rough weekend. Renee is sick - she's got an abscess in her throat so she's been really whiny. She finally went to the doctor on friday, and she's taking 1200mg of antibiotics every day for a while. Pretty gross. So it was a long weekend at home, making lots of soup and soft foods for her to eat, dealing with her whining, making her gargle, letting her nap, etc.

Then this morning we went out to run to the grocery for breakfast, and the window of the car had been busted out. So that was annoying. We walked to the grocery (luckily it's just half a block, but it was still too tiring for Renee) and made breakfast. Then she took a nap and I dealt with all the broken glass. Our landlord is letting me keep it in the garage for the next while or so, until the glass is repaired. He also let me borrow his shop vac to get the glass all cleaned up. Really, just annoying. Luckily, my deductible isn't too bad, and it should be easy enough to get taken care of. There wasn't anything in my car to steal (I'm not that dumb) and my stereo is, well, an AM/FM radio. So nothing is missing, other than the window.

Whatever. Spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch, knitting. I'm making a set of arm warmers for Renee's sister - Knitpicks Andean Silk in chocolate brown. They're pretty simple, with an eyelet pattern on the wrists. I wasn't paying attention, though, and I made two for the right wrist. It's a good thing I like them - because I'm going to be making two pairs (as long as I remember to make two lefts next time). Again, annoying. Just a little annoying.

Renee is working on more bowls. She's got 4 finished and ready for felting. The 5th is over halfway done. I think we only have 3 more left to finish the Christmas list. Then we're going to make one for halloween (a teeny tiny one).

I picked up a ball of hot lemon yellow WW wool for some gloves for her nephew. He'll like them because I'll tell him they're for hunting. Or something. Maybe I'll make a matching pair of socks for the baby. Eh. Renee is really into the Christmas knitting. Me ... well, not so much. Maybe something for a few select friends, but. It takes a lot of time. And, well, I have a better time working on the project if I know it's going to be used and appreciated, otherwise I get negative. And it takes forever.

PS. I love Pat Benetar. Long time.

No comments: