25 September, 2008

About half the f'en icord is done now. And I decided to save the rest of the icord until the end of the project so perhaps some excitement of a finished item will carry me through. I'm probably about 2/3 the way through the increases, which is followed by about a foot of straight knitting. Half of which is reverse stockinette in the round. The thought of that makes me a little grumpy, but I decided that it would be a perfect chance to practice my purling continental style. Or something.


I watched the President last night. I hate him. I mean, I'm sure if we sat down and had dinner together and indulged in some light conversation, it would be fine. But the second anything political or economic came into the picture ... well. First, we don't tax the wealthy at the same percentage rate as the middle class. Second, the wealthy hide their money in stock market assets that are less taxable. Third, they make risky decisions that involve instilling false hope in the availability of the American Dream, and then tear it away because it wasn't actually within reach to begin with. Fourthly, when it all goes sour it screws over the people they were taking advantage of again. Then we all have to bail them out.

No comments: