24 October, 2008

Needed a day..

I needed a day today. So I took one. I'm okay with that.

I sat on the couch most of the day, watching TVontheinternet (which is absolutely the best invention of all time) and knitting. We stopped at the merc on Wednesday before dinner with dad (I needed some buttons!) and I picked up some of the most fabulous sock yarn that's ever existed. It's Jitterbug Toscana, and the colors are absolutely amazing. It's jewel tones (sapphire and ruby and gold) in a field of greens (emerald and sage and shiny rose leaf) and it's so shiny it blows my mind. I was going to do an all over stitch pattern that I thought would look nice in the striping, but I was so enamored with the colors that I got totally distracted and forgot. But it's okay. The fabric feels so thick and warm and delightful ... I'm utterly in love, and I've just started the arch expansion. What's funny is I've got 4 skeins of sock yarn sitting on the shelf, and I've just not been in the mood for socks - until I picked this stuff up off the shelf!

I was supposed to take the bike back to dad's house this evening - umm, except for the rain. So that's just not going to work out. Raeface is half finished with the baby blanket for Talan, and she's real excited about that. We ordered yarn for our first sweaters this week. Mine came, but her's is back ordered. Now I just have to pick a pattern - I've got it narrowed down to two, but I'm still just not sure. I'd like to make Twist + Shout, but I'm not sure I've got the right color for that one. Then there's the sweater from the cover of Big Girl Knits. I think that's the one I'm going to go with. It looks easy enough, I can do it in the round, etc. Yeah, probably. Umm, I just realized that I'll probably need to order more needle tips if we're both going to be knitting sweaters. Hmm. And while I'm at it, I should probably order size 2 and 3 cable needles for working magic loop socks. (Even though I utterly adore my dpns. No, really. I love them.)

Rae's aunt is having her annual halloween party this weekend. Thanksgiving is coming up soon, and that makes me anxious. And depressed. Thanksgiving is depressing. I think we decided to tell everyone that we're at someone elses family for the weekend, and just hide at home, eat turkey sandwiches, bake bread, and ignore people. Last year was just too hard. It was too hard to not have my mom around. I think I just need to stay home, and make the food we loved the most, and not have any other people around who ask questions when I start to cry. ... I'm just not ready for that. (Uh, funny, though, that Christmas doesn't bother me, doesn't depress me, nothing. Thanksgiving, though, I have problems with.. )

No comments: