20 September, 2008

Stupid babies.

It's a lovely saturday morning. At least, I think it is. We got to the bar early today, and I helped out Renee with some stuff - cut potatoes (and my finger a little bit), etc. Plus I'm doing laundry - it's just faster when you can dry a load in 30 minutes, rather than 12 hours. Since it doesn't take as long, I can stay focused on it. And I fold when I pull the clothes out of the dryer, which is better than leaving everything in a pile on a chair in the living room when we pull it all off the hangers. Eh. Then I printed out Twist & Shout which I'm utterly enamoured with. I think I'm going to use Comfort - that way it won't make me itchy and I don't have to wear long sleeves under it! Exciting. I might have to special order it, though - Mercantile doesn't tend to have large quantities of the stuff in the same color, and this sweater uses a whole boatload of yarn. (Plus, that way I get to pick a color they might not have in stock. I'm thinking an oaty brown, or a denimy blue would be nice. Something I can wear with anything.) I'm excited.

I think I'm about 1/4 the way through Twisty Turns. It wraps about half way around now, and it's got to go around a little bit more than twice. The ribbing isn't very even, and that bothers me. I know it'll block out, but I think I might end up having to block it twice. I'll have to block it wide and open to even the ribbing, but I don't think I want it with the ribbing all stretched out. I like it bunched up looking, and I think the weight will pull it out nice enough.

I'd like to take photos of all the stuff I've been finishing - I felted two bowls last weekend (or the weekend before, whenever) and three last night. The ones we just finished are pretty awesome. One is orange and brown (for an aunt who's a big Browns fan) and one that's gray, light blue, and bold blue. The handle is gray in the center, with the edging in bold blue (so the rim of the bowl part is bold blue with a gray stripe) and the bulk of the bowl is light blue. It's really damn pretty looking. And the third is with a moebius rim instead of a handle. The rim is bold blue with a red icord bind off, and the bowl part is the same blue. So the moebius is really nicely outlined with the red. (It makes a better hat than a bowl, I think. Renee doesn't really agree.) That one is for her sister who's having a baby. The shower is tomorrow afternoon. I've got a bunch of baby things to fill the bowl with (butt paste, baby spoons, some bottles, wash cloths, etc) and then we'll stick the full bowl in the baby bath we bought. Then maybe I can get some wrapping cellophane stuff and tie it all up like a fruit basket. Nice.

We're putting together one of the games for the baby shower. We're getting a bunch of baby food, and having a tasting contest. I decided I'm getting all green and yellow, and putting food coloring in the yellow stuff, so there are fewer clues. It's going to be pretty disgusting. Gag me with a spoon. *bleck*

No comments: