30 March, 2009

What a weekend! What a productive weekend! To start things off right, we went out Friday night - to Cafe Shish Kebab (on Bethel) for dinner. Oh, goodness. Everything was entirely delicious and spicy and just right. Mmm. I love Turkish food, and I love not having to deal with Easton to get Turkish food. Delightful.

Saturday was buuuusy. We did some heavy lifting all day. We moved books, tables, boxes and boxes of beads, and sewing dodads. The exciting news that I am now in possession of a serger. The downside of that is that I have no idea how to use it. Eh, I'll figure that out, I'm sure.

We spent Sunday incorporating all our "new" stuff into the house. Cleaning, organizing, filling drawers, going through piles of fabric, etc. Moving the books - again. And we got the yarn organized! And stored! In baskets! It's good. And it's mostly all done now. So tonight I get to play with the serger - I'll probably start with a project bag - something I'm familiar with and only requires a little bit of serger use. Of course, that's only after I figure out if it's threaded or not! Ha!

Oh, and my shawl is almost finished! I'm almost half way through the cast off, then it's time to block it - and see what happens. This is going to be an entirely different blocking experience - I'm sure cotton/silk won't behave the same way as the wool did. Interesting...

No comments: