02 November, 2008

Ahh! Happy November!

So, I totally punked out and did not go to the Obama rally. I was really not feeling crowd friendly this morning. Rather, I felt more like a girl who hasn't slept properly in several weeks. Whatevs. Last night, I finished the last of the icord for the handknit surprise for the Starbucks and Yarn swap. It (and by it, I mean the package as a whole) still feels like it's lacking something. I think I'm going to put together a project bag, or a project notebook, or a pattern binder... something. Maybe. Or I'll just send it off as-is, because it's still pretty fantastic the way it is. Umm, the cozy is delightful. I love it. Might have to make me one.

I made a second one while I was making the first one, and that one will go to the angel package hoard. I'm doing a third one right now, out of some fantastic blue-green-yellow-brown yarn. It's a different style, and maybe I'll actually make myself one in this style. It'll be awesome.

It's been a weekend, for sure. Halloween was a fun night with some fantastic costumes to be seen (like a pumpkin patch, and a 7' tall Oompa Loompa) and some delightful food and drink. We stopped a Jeni's on the way home Friday night, and I got a delicious sundae (blood orange ice cream, dark chocolate fudge, a dark chocolate brownie, and a "severed lady finger!!!") that was entirely too large for me to eat. I ate the brownie and the lady finger, and the hot fudge - but other than tiny tastes, I pretty much gave the ice cream to Renee's brother. The ice cream was delicious, surely. But I just couldn't handle all the dairy - ahh!

This week looks like it should be pretty okay. My work week is already planned; I like it when that happens and I know what to expect. Home life should be pretty calm, I think. Except for trying to decide what to say to my Dad, if anything, about how I feel about what he's doing with his life... I feel that, perhaps, a letter to the magic Bubbopants is in order on that one, though. I just can't seem to decide myself.

No comments: