15 June, 2008

Well, that ball game or two could happen. We went to the game last night, and it was delightful. There were actually people in the stands, they were paying attention, playing along, singing along, and it was fun! And they won, so that helps too. It was actually a good game. Because we got there late and the place where we usually sit was pretty full (and I need lots of room - yarn, and all) we sat on the other side of the stadium, wwwwaaaaayyy up high. And knitting at that altitude wasn't working, so instead I paid attention to the game. And it was a good game to watch, so that was delightful. Broken bats, and all. I even have a favorite player now (but I think that's only because I sing a song about his name.)

Regardless. Happy Father's Day. Had lunch with Dad yesterday. He brought his new girlfriend. Whatever. She doesn't talk much, so. Apparently Grandpa (my Mom's dad) is regretful about the life he's lived and wants his family back. Which, whatever. I'll give the dying man his last wish, but he'd better not think I'm going to make all the effort here. He's treated his entire family like second class citizens since I was 12. Whatever.

No, not bitter at all. I'm almost finished with the heart for A & J. They're so damn adorable it's disgusting. I need to write something for them too, perhaps something like an intention prayer mantra sort of thing. Filled with goodness, desire, respect, etc. More than a simple wish-you-well! card. I should work on that now...

No comments: