29 June, 2008

I'm really sad right now.

My mom's birthday was last weekend - likely part of the reason why vacation happened last weekend. And then the anniversary of her death is next Saturday. So that's two reeeaallly crappy weekends really close together!

I'm not really sure what to do with this sadness. I don't really so much want to knit with it, except for boring things that hurt my hands. But I've been cooking a lot lately, and I think that's it. I'm baking bread and actually preparing meals. More so on the weekends. Like breakfast. I make a good breakfast. We had pancakes this morning - we haven't had pancakes in so long, it was a delicious treat. And I've got something marinating for dinner tonight. Marinating - ha! What a hoot.

Jojo is in town. He had his chest restructureing surgery this week. He look fantastic. With his changed face, physique, etc and his posture - looks like he always should have, I guess. I think we're going to try and hang out again before he leaves to go back to Northhampton. It's so strange to see him. It's a "blast from the past" combined with a strange voyeuristic glimpse into what my life could have been had a made a single different decision, or two. It's interesting, and different, and strangely .. strange.

We got another window unit. So now the whole house has air conditioning. It's cold. I mostly love it - except for that sometimes it gets too cold, because I'm just so used to the heat now..

No comments: