09 June, 2008

Suuuummer.

It was miserable yesterday. I loved it. Zilla was at work most of the day, so I was home alone. I sat on the couch and crocheted my bag alll daaay long. And watched movies. Bad ones. Like The Princess Diaries, which I loooove. And Matilda, which I love equally as much!

I didn't agree with the end of the pattern, but I rarely agree with crochet patterns. So I 'fixed' it. I like the way it turned out, but I'm still thinking about making a different style bag, definitely a different mesh pattern, just to compare. Then I'm going to try Kool-Aid dying, and then if that works, I'm going to knit a little bit for it. Delightful.

Then we went swimming last night! One of Zilla's aunts has a pool, so we went over to her house and played. It was lovely. I need a new bathing suit, though. So does Zilla. I've really gotten to like her family. It took some time to get used to them (there are just so many!) especially when they're all together. When they're apart, they're a lot like my mom's family. Which makes sense, because apparently they grew up close to each other. This aunt, though, I really like. She might be my favorite. I like her husband, too. And her kids are okay. Again, they're all better individually, rather than at a large gathering. That's probably normal.

After swimming and dinner, we all sat outside talking. I worked on my Falling Water scarf. Sometimes I forget the simple row inbetween direction changes; once, I didn't switch directions. Eh, well. Handmade, right? I really like how it's turning out, though. Once it's all blocked and stretched out it will be lovely. I'd never wear it, but I'm sure there's someone I know who will. Issue is that it's a moderately femme pattern, but the colorway I'm using is really butch. Zilla suggested a friend of hers, and I think he's perfect. Plus, if he doesn't like it, his wife will. The last time we saw them (they live in NC now) she was attempting to learn to knit, but she frustrates easily. Maybe it could give her a little spur of inspiration. :)

No comments: